The term “lead generation” has been used by different people for different purposes. It can mean different things to different people. The term “lead generation” has become popular in recent times because of its importance in business.
Lead generation is the act of generating potential leads or customers for a company. There are many methods that can be used to generate leads and they are known as lead generation methods. Lead generation is the first step towards increasing sales and revenue. The lead generation methods include:
1. Email Marketing – This method involves sending emails to potential customers and prospects. You can send out emails on a regular basis, weekly, monthly or quarterly depending on the frequency of emailing. The emails should be sent in an automated manner so that they do not end up in the spam folder.
2. Article Marketing – This method involves writing articles and submitting them to directories such as EzineArticles, GoArticles, ArticleBase etc. Once the article is submitted, it will be published online and other websites will have access to it. Your article will be listed in the directory and the search engines will index it.
3. Blogging – This is one of the best lead generation methods. The blog should contain information that is relevant to your products and services. It should also contain content that will help people to find solutions to their problems. The blog should be updated on a regular basis.
4. Social Media Marketing – This method involves creating accounts on social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. You can post interesting and informative updates on these sites. You can also invite your friends and followers to like your page and share your updates.
5. Article Submission – This method involves submitting articles to directories. You can submit articles to directories through submission forms provided by them. You should follow all the guidelines given by the directory before submitting the article.
6. Pay Per Click Advertising – This method involves placing advertisements on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. When someone clicks on your advertisement, you will be paid a fee.
7. Press Releases – This method involves publishing press releases on various sites. You can write a press release about your latest product launch, new office opening, new office location, new service launch, new product launch etc. You can submit the press release to various news sites.
8. Video Marketing – This method involves posting videos on YouTube, Vimeo etc. You can upload videos related to your business. These videos should be informative and should provide valuable information to the viewers.
9. Telemarketing – This method involves calling potential customers and prospects. You should call people who have shown interest in your products and services.
10. Banner Advertising – This method involves placing banners on various websites. When a visitor visits the website, the banner will display. If the visitor clicks on the banner, you will be paid a commission.