Cellulite is a skin condition that makes your skin look bumpy, swollen and uneven. It’s not a disease and it isn’t contagious. It can appear on any part of your body but it most commonly appears on the thighs, buttocks and upper arms. The cause of cellulite is still unknown but experts have found out some possible reasons why it occurs.
1. Obesity: If you are obese, chances are you will develop cellulite. Cellulite can also be caused by hormonal changes and pregnancy.
2. Excessive weight loss: If you have lost too much weight, you may develop cellulite.
3. Aging: As we age, our skin loses its elasticity. This leads to sagging of the skin and the appearance of cellulite.
4. Diet: A diet that contains high amounts of saturated fats, trans fats, and refined carbohydrates will contribute to cellulite.
5. Hormonal changes: Women who are pregnant or are going through menstrual cycle tend to develop cellulite.
6. Dehydration: If you are dehydrated, your skin will look flabby and it will lose its elasticity.
7. Heredity: Cellulite is more common among women than men.
8. Sun exposure: When you are exposed to sun, you will lose your collagen and elastin fibers which are important in keeping your skin firm. This will result in sagging of the skin.
9. Stress: Too much stress can lead to cellulite.
10. Smoking: Smoking increases your risk of developing cellulite.
There are many ways to reduce cellulite but there is no quick fix for this problem. You need to find a cellulite treatment that works for you. There are several options available in the market today. You can choose from creams, lotions, wraps, exercises, diets and even surgery.
Cellulite creams work by reducing the fat content of your skin. They also contain ingredients like caffeine, retinol, niacinamide, and panthenol which help tighten your skin. However, they may be expensive and they don’t always work.
There are several cellulite reduction exercises that you can do at home. These include stretching, yoga and pilates. They can help you reduce cellulite by as much as 50%.
If you want to reduce cellulite quickly, you should consider using a cellulite reducer. These products are made up of natural ingredients such as aloe vera, lanolin, vitamin E, green tea extract and soybean extract. They can be used by both men and women.