You probably know magnesium supports the heart, but did you know about these other surprising health benefits of magnesium? Check this out!
Check out Dr. Berg Magnesium Glycinate here: 🛒
0:00 Introduction: Magnesium explained
0:42 Well-known magnesium benefits
1:47 Surprising benefits of magnesium
4:53 Magnesium RDAs
5:04 The best source of magnesium
5:14 Other foods high in magnesium
5:25 Top things that deplete magnesium
6:00 The best type of magnesium supplement
6:10 Learn more about magnesium!
Let’s talk about the health benefits of magnesium.
Magnesium is a fascinating and important mineral that’s involved in over 350 enzymes in the body. Enzymes speed up the chemical reactions in the body, and they don’t deplete their energy in the process.
Well-known benefits of magnesium:
• It supports the heart
• It may help with muscle cramping
• It supports sleep
• It may help reduce anxiety
• It may help promote relaxation
• It supports the flexibility of the arteries
• It may help with headaches
• It may help with problems related to the nerves and muscles
Surprising benefits of magnesium:
1. It may help regulate LDL cholesterol and triglycerides and increase HDL
2. It helps make ATP (energy in the body)
3. It helps regulate adrenaline, cortisol, and ACTH—and counters oxidative stress from these hormones
4. It’s involved in enzymes related to lecithin (the antidote to cholesterol)
5. It’s a natural calcium channel blocker, beta blocker, and antithrombotic
6. It helps regulate blood sugar levels
7. It’s involved in making DNA
Many people don’t consume enough magnesium, which can cause a magnesium deficiency and lead to various health issues.
• Foods high in chlorophyll (dark leafy green vegetables)
• Nuts and pumpkin seeds
• Dark chocolate (sugar-free)
• Sea kelp
• Low-sodium sea salt
Here are the top things that can cause you to become magnesium deficient:
• Refined sugar and refined carbs
• Low stomach acid
• Certain gene variations
The type of magnesium supplement I would take, if needed, is magnesium glycinate.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, age 57, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Follow Me On Social Media:
Send a Message to his team:
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketolifestyle
Thanks for watching! I hope this helps you better understand the interesting health benefits of magnesium. I’ll see you in the next video.