Learn more about increasing longevity by increasing VO2 max.
0:00 Introduction: Longevity
0:10 The best test for longevity
0:20 What is VO2 max?
3:32 How to increase longevity by increasing your VO2 max
10:35 Learn more about HIIT!
Today we’re going to talk about one of the best tests for longevity—the VO2 max test.
VO2 max is the volume of oxygen your body can consume over a certain amount of time. You can get this test from doctors who specialize in sports medicine.
To increase your VO2 max, you need to consider two things:
1. CO2 – CO2 allows oxygen to go deep into the tissues.
2. Lactic acid – Built-up lactic acid affects your pH and muscles, making breathing and exercising more difficult.
Top athletes with efficient mitochondria, who have increased their capacity to absorb oxygen and get rid of lactic acid, have bulletproofed themselves against disease. They also have high VO2 max scores. This makes the VO2 max test a good measurement to help evaluate your overall health.
The best ways to increase VO2 max, and therefore, longevity:
• Do HIIT (high-intensity interval training)
2. Increase CO2 tolerance
• Practice nasal breathing
• Practice holding your breath
3. Increase your lactic acid tolerance
• Do HIIT
• Get plenty of thiamine (vitamin B1)
• Avoid sugar
4. Hypoxic training
• Restrict air while exercising or exercise at high altitudes
5. Respiratory muscle training
• Try inspiratory muscle training and expiratory muscle training
6. Plyometric training
• Try explosive short bursts of exercise
7. Fartlek training
• Try speeding up and slowing down your pace sporadically while running
• Combine different exercises in one workout
• Sleep eight or nine hours a night
10. Don’t overtrain
• Get plenty of recovery between workouts
11. A healthy diet
• Get on the Healthy Keto® diet
• Do intermittent fasting
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, age 58, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals®. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Follow Me On Social Media:
Send a Message to his team:
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full-time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, prescription, or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketolifestyle
Thanks for watching! I hope this helps you better understand how to increase longevity by increasing VO2 max. I’ll see you in the next video.